I/JG27_Rollo
Fhj.-Fw.
Fhj.-Fw.

Re: IL-2 Battle of Kuban and follow-ups

Beitrag von I/JG27_Rollo » Fr 31 Mär 2017, 11:45

"Wofür sind eigentlich diese lustigen Linien auf der Motorhaube der IL-2 gut?"

Antwort:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/16 ... ntry456219
Here comes the main hero of the today Dev Diary - IL-2 mod. 1943 aiming sight. Starting from early 1943, PBP-1 collimator sights were gradually replaced by simple VV-1 (Vizier Vasilyeva - first) mechanical sights on IL-2s. It is commonly believed that PBP-1 aiming sights caused many injuries during emergency landings that were especially frequent among Sturmovik pilots. While being very simple from a technological point of view, this aiming sight actually was more capable than VV-1 was. For example, it could be used for:
aiming at air targets;
aiming rockets at ground targets from different distances;
low altitude level bombing.
Today we'll tell you how to aim using VV-1 sight...
Dateianhänge
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

I/JG27_Zimmi
OLt.
OLt.

Beitrag von I/JG27_Zimmi » Sa 08 Apr 2017, 05:21

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/16 ... /?p=458151
Hello everybody,

While the VR update testing is almost finished, we continue to work on Battle of Kuban aircraft. More than a half of the work on the IL-2 mod. 1943 flight model is done and the Spitfire flight model is in the works as well. 3D models of the A-20B Boston bomber and the Yak-7b fighter are being built according to the schedule and we just started the work on the P-39L-1. All these planes are remarkable, most of them have interesting construction and systems peculiarities. Today we'd like to show you WIP screenshots of the German strike aircraft Hs-129 B-2. The model itself is finished, 3D artists are working on texturing and damage visualization. It's likely you would be interested in the armament of this aircraft, so here it is:
Two fuselage mounted 7.92mm machine guns MG 17, 1000 rounds per each.
Two fuselage mounted 15mm guns MG 151/15, 250 rounds per each. They can be replaced with 20 mm guns MG 151/20 with the same amount of ammo.
30mm drum-fed gun Mk 101 in the gun pod (30 rounds).
30mm belt-fed gun Mk 103 in the gun pod (80 rounds).
Four 7.92mm machine guns MG 17 in the gun pod, 1000 rounds per each.
Two SC 50 underwing bombs.
Four SC 50 underwing bombs.
SC 250 underbelly bomb.
It is interesting that the collimator aiming sight is actually mounted outside a very cramped cockpit. It's also unusual to design a small strike aircraft with two engines:
Dateianhänge
post-19-0-01214000-1491495977.jpg
OLt. Zimmermann
Gruppenkommandeur

I/JG27_Zimmi
OLt.
OLt.

Beitrag von I/JG27_Zimmi » Do 20 Apr 2017, 15:09

ello everybody,

Today we'll tell you a bit more about Battle of Kuban development progress. Let's begin with the graphics engine update.

Having finished Open VR API implementation, we started the work on another long-awaited feature - aircraft rear view mirrors. In fact, rendering the mirrors realistically looking and keeping the performance hit manageable at the same time is a complex task.

Mirrors in the products made by our competitors aren't flawless. In one of them, mirrors simply function like monitors - image in them doesn't change when you move your head while in another these images look right but very simplified (this is needed to keep good performance). This is complicated by the fact that the mirrors are placed very differently in each aircraft. Sometimes they are fixed, sometimes attached to the sliding canopy, sometimes they are outside the cabin and sometimes they are inside - this makes their rendering more complex. Of course, we hope that we'll be able to solve all such problems. There will be simplifications without hurting their functionality for sure - it's likely that the mirrors won't reflect your own plane and trees to keep the performance high. In short, we'll do our best to make the mirrors among the best in aircraft sims, if not the best of them all.

Second, we have made good progress in implementing TacView support (TacView is a great tool to visualize dogfights). It works already and we're working with the TacView developer to solve the remaining issues.

Third, we prepared the alternative design approach for field airdromes on the Moscow map. The tests show that FPS hit above the 'new' airfields is lower and there are no 'stutters' which you can experience near current field airdromes when 'Distant grass' option is turned on. We hope to remake all 32 Moscow airfields using this new approach in the near future and solve this issue for good. This is especially important because there will be many similar airfields on the Kuban map as well.

In the meantime, development of the remaining Battle of Kuban aircraft is proceeding as planned. Sometimes we encounter difficulties - for example, we needed to correct P-39L-1 schematics significantly after comparing them to photographs and this took significantly more time that was planned. Another example is the lack of data about Yak-7b landing gear kinematics, which forced us to re-engineer the geometry of some parts based on how they should move when the landing gear is retracted or extended. Such problems usually lead to release delays but thanks to re-organizing the workflow we keep the set release dates, at least for now.

To make this Dev Diary a bit more visual we'd like to show you the first WIP screenshots of Yak-7b series 36 fighter.
OLt. Zimmermann
Gruppenkommandeur

I/JG27_Zimmi
OLt.
OLt.

Beitrag von I/JG27_Zimmi » So 30 Apr 2017, 18:39

OLt. Zimmermann
Gruppenkommandeur

I/JG27_Zimmi
OLt.
OLt.

Beitrag von I/JG27_Zimmi » Sa 20 Mai 2017, 06:38

DD 158

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/16 ... /?p=473236
Hello everybody,

while the German bomber of the Battle of Kuban plane set is already available to customers who pre-purchased the new theater of war, today we'll show you the first screenshots of the Soviet one. This is the US-made bomber A-20B, these aircraft were sent to USSR since December 1942 via the lend-lease program. A-20B had 2000 kg bomb load (up to 16 bombs in the internal bay and 4 outside) and had two machine guns for defense - 12.7 mm Browning M2 .50 and 7.62 mm Browning M2 .30. In addition, it was armed with two forward firing 12.7 Browning M2 .50 machine guns for some offensive capability. Just like P-39L-1, this aircraft had freely rotating forward landing gear.

On these screenshots, you can see Tushino airfield on the Moscow map which differs from the airfield you have in the sim now significantly. That's right - it was made using the new technique which we use for Battle of Kuban, all the airfields on the Moscow map will be remade using it in the next update 2.011. The main goal was to optimize a number of different layers and graphical objects on the airfield to reduce the graphics performance hit which currently can cause stutters on certain combinations of PC configs and graphics settings. New airfield composition gives almost no slowdown on high-end video cards while on middle-end cards like 960 or 1060 the performance hit is similar to what you get near other airfields in the sim, for example, Stalingrad ones. While we started this optimization to improve performance near airfields, the new technique gives a better visual image of them as well. It will be more comfortable to land and taxi on such airfields because the feel of an approaching ground becomes more apparent and natural.

We made good progress in Battle of Kuban development across all departments. We'll be giving you regular reports on the work progress during the Summer, and today we can show you WIP screenshot of the Soviet submarine 'Type Sch':
Dateianhänge
post-19-0-35398400-1495206231.jpg
post-19-0-92153200-1495206226.jpg
OLt. Zimmermann
Gruppenkommandeur

I/JG27_Zimmi
OLt.
OLt.

Beitrag von I/JG27_Zimmi » Fr 26 Mai 2017, 12:03

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/16 ... /?p=475296
Dear customers,

Today I’d like to share some straight talk with you about our current and future plans for the Sturmovik franchise. I took over as Lead Producer in August 2016 with the goal of improving Sturmovik and bringing it more in line with your original expectations, while at the same time bringing the product’s technology into the future. Matter of fact my goal was to improve, what I call the four key pillars combat simulations – technology, features, content and community.

The past 9-10 months has seen Sturmovik be improved in many ways with new technology, more content and additional features being developed with more still to come. I also hope that some new out-of-game initiatives will further strengthen our small community even more.

Our Kuban development phase is going pretty well, but we always have challenges we must overcome due our overall lack of resources relative to our goals. However, we are confident Battle of Kuban will set the standard for WWII themed simulations and give you the simmer many years of enjoyment.

So, let’s talk about what happens after Kuban for a moment. When we announced battle of Kuban I made it clear that our intention (assuming it is possible) was to do something different, something many have asked for that would shake up the norm - The Pacific Theater starting with the Battle of Midway. It’s been over a decade since a new Pacific themed product was developed and I hope we can change this. After much research and thought we have come to understand that this will be an extreme challenge for us on every front.

It is such a challenge because we need to create large capital ships like aircraft carriers and their accompanying technology as well as create Japanese built airplanes. The Japanese airplanes pose the greatest challenge because we know little about their operation and there is not a lot of detailed documentation in either English or Russian. There is quite a bit in Japanese, but that means we need translators who can helps us which adds to our budgetary expenses in an already tight budget. This has added a new level of complexity we have not dealt with before. This is important to understand because the community has certain expectations of what level of fidelity we can achieve based on our previous products. Meeting those expectations with our Japanese airplanes might be very hard both in the visual realm and in the flight dynamics. For us to make the Pacific product a reality and worthy of the Sturmovik name we need your help. We cannot possibly locate everything we need ourselves.

What we need are detailed sources of information about Japanese airplanes such as engines, their systems, weapons and their flight performance in whatever language you can find, but we are especially interested in finding detailed Japanese documents that explain in detail how these planes operated, what their cockpits looked like and their performance. I have started a section in the forum where you can help us locate such information. If you want to help us please visit this section and contribute. Please read the instructions I have posted there before you post so we can be efficient.

Additionally, I have posted several “help wanted” posts in our Jobs and Contractors section of the English language forum. We are looking for testers, talented artists and other creative people to help with various aspects of development or community related projects. Please check them out and if you meet the requirements please contact us.

If you like what we have been doing with Sturmovik please consider purchasing all we have to offer or encourage your friends to make a purchase so we can afford the resources we need to venture the Pacific and beyond. We recently began selling Scripted Campaigns made by our own BlackSix. These are excellent campaigns and this kind of fun content helps sustain us during long, expensive development cycles. Please give them a look in our store if you haven’t already. There is no magic solution to our resource issue, we need your continued financial support to get the job done and keep going!

And finally, I can’t leave you without some development shots. This time I present you some more Hs-129 development shots. And don’t worry the Spitfire is coming along as well. It’s just not ready to be shown yet.
Dateianhänge
post-13-0-09673000-1495790121 (1).jpg
post-13-0-14185000-1495790110.jpg
OLt. Zimmermann
Gruppenkommandeur

I/JG27_Zimmi
OLt.
OLt.

Beitrag von I/JG27_Zimmi » Do 01 Jun 2017, 14:02

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/16 ... /?p=477386

Dear pilots,

Another week has passed and we're moving further in the development cycle of Battle of Kuban. There is only a bit more than half a year left until its release, so many of its parts start to look final already. The base of the new Career mode is already there: almost all the historical texts are ready as well as squadron insignias, we're working on the cutscenes. Its internal elements - GUI and mission generator patterns - are being filled with content. The flight physics improvements (enhanced fuselage tail modeling that will make the FM even more realistic at unstable flight modes and when there is a strong rudder input) are nearly finished, we plan to release the corrected FM in July. The work on Hs 129 B-2 (we did show you several screenshots with it last week) flight model is started. We just finished reworking the airfields on the Moscow map and in the coming update they'll be prettier at close and medium distances and, most importantly, the performance hit near them will be lower.
TacView API support will be improved as well - in the coming update the sim will export additional parameters and objects like projectiles, bombs, etc., we'll also take additional measures to block an unfair usage of this utility (cheating). New hotkeys for switching between the stations will be added - RShift-0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, where RShift-0 moves you to pilot seat and other numbers to different turrets on bigger aircraft like bombers. We've made huge progress on making ship models for Battle of Kuban as well.

And last but not the least, Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vb is nearly finished - our engineers are polishing its flight characteristics to make them as close to reference as possible while artists are adding final touches to its cockpit textures. Yesterday we completed its skins you can see right now. We hope that the update 2.011 that will give you Spitfire Mk.Vb will be released this month as it was planned initially.
Dateianhänge
post-19-0-15972900-1496322164.jpg
post-19-0-49155900-1496322155.jpg
post-19-0-96100700-1496322191.jpg
OLt. Zimmermann
Gruppenkommandeur

I/JG27_Zimmi
OLt.
OLt.

Beitrag von I/JG27_Zimmi » Sa 17 Jun 2017, 10:42

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/16 ... /?p=481140
Hello Everybody,

We're finishing our work on 2.011 update. It will bring you another Collector Plane - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vb which has been used in Battle of Kuban. These planes were sent to the USSR via the lend-lease program. The update will also include the new historical campaign Blazing Steppe by Alexander =BlackSix= Timoshkov (you can already pre-order on our website).

However, in today's Dev Diary we'd like to tell you what will happen after this update - in update 2.012 that will be released later, possibly the end of July or early August. We already told you about the coming huge update of all aircraft (Battle of Moscow, Battle of Stalingrad, Battle of Kuban) flight models which will address such minor effects like oscillations in maneuvers, aircraft banking with full rudder input and control surfaces load changes at different speeds. These peculiarities, while being minor, are caused by deep flight model parameters. Tuning them meant a lot of work, but caused additional positive changes in the flight behavior of every aircraft in our project. We decided it would be the right thing to do to tell you about these changes in advance - what will be changed for each aircraft. We present you the full change list of the coming FM fix (once again, please note that these changes will be published later, in the end of July or early August, in update 2.012).

=========CHANGES implemented during 5 months’ work on the FM fix that will be in update 2.012=============

Common changes:

1. Aircraft stability along the pitch and yaw axes has been reworked. Planes reaction to control surfaces input became much less volatile and closer to reality.
2. Aircraft controllability was tuned simultaneously with the stability in the same control channels. Control surfaces inputs in different flight conditions became more realistic. Aircraft handling became much less 'sharp' and more convenient and predictable.
3. Roll 'dipping' after a full rudder input has been significantly decreased for all aircraft. Flat turns, coordinated side-slipping (straight banked flight with full rudder input for braking) and other maneuvers with side slipping motion at large angles became much closer to real ones.
4. Time of stabilizers and trimmers shift from end to end made more realistic.
5. Trim effectiveness has been corrected for several aircraft to correspond to the updated balance boundaries.
6. Load increase of the control surfaces has been corrected as the speed increases, changing aircraft controllability at various flight speeds and making them function closer to real data.
7. Because of the tuned stability characteristics, aircraft lose directional stability in an event of horizontal surfaces destruction.
8. Because of the tuned stability characteristics, aircraft lose lateral stability in an event of vertical surfaces destruction.
9. Because of the tuned controllability and stability and additional stall tuning, aircraft stall behavior changed. An aircraft sticks less in a spin, spin recovery became easier and more predictable. Therefore, an aircraft behavior during stall and spin became closer to the real thing. If there was a specific spin data available for an aircraft, it was taken into account to make the FM even more accurate (additional details follow below).
10. Thanks to aircraft stability and controllability changes taxiing and take-off and landing runs became more predictable and controllable.
11. Run-down time of the freely rotating landing gear wheels has been decreased by increasing friction values in the wheel bearings.
12. Landing gear brakes friction has been increased, making the aircraft stopping and holding while revving the engine(s) easier.
13. Air flow at beyond-stall AoA is now modeled better, making bobbling and shaking during a stall more realistic.
14. Control surfaces buffeting values at high flight speeds have been tuned: amplitudes were lowered, frequencies increased.
15. Flight stick and pedals shifting speed became slower even more due to increased load at high flight speeds.
16. Oscillation delay time of the sideslip indicator (the small ball) has been corrected.
17. Aircraft fragments behavior (unnaturally smooth fall of detached ailerons, elevators, rudders, etc.) has been corrected, especially at high speeds.

Additional clarification on fixes of Soviet planes:

LaGG-3 series 29:
1. Landing gear physics model has been revised. Now the aircraft is much less prone to 'circling', it is now possible to turn at 15-25 km/h speed without using brakes.
2. Take-off characteristics in crosswinds improved.
3. Pedals load at various flight conditions has been corrected (significantly increased at low speeds and significantly decreased at high speeds).
4. Pitch balance and its dependence on the flaps have been corrected.
5. Rudder, elevator and ailerons trim shift time from end to end increased from 6 to 8 seconds.
6. Elevator trim effectiveness has been decreased.

La-5 series 8:
1. Landing gear physics model has been revised. Now the aircraft is much less prone to 'circling', it is now possible to turn at 15-25 km/h speed without using brakes.
2. Pedals load at various flight conditions has been corrected (increased at low speeds and decreased at high speeds).
3. Pitch balance and its dependence on the flaps have been corrected.
4. Rudder, elevator and ailerons trim shift time from end to end increased from 6 to 8 seconds.
5. The aircraft stall behavior has been corrected using the data available. The stall in a level flight doesn't end in a spin, the aircraft proceeds to 'pancake', keeping the roll controllability. In a case of intentional spin entry, spin recovery requires intensive rudder input while failure to give it can result in a significant spin recovery delay.

I-16 type 24:
1. Pitch balance and its dependence on the landing flap have been corrected.
2. Flight stick load along the roll axis at medium and high flight speeds has been slightly increased.
3. Pedals load at various flight conditions has been corrected (increased at low speeds and decreased at high speeds).
4. Extended landing flap pitches the aircraft up significantly, on the glide path this must be compensated by flight stick movement forward.
5. Stall speed with the landing flap and gear extended is 3-4 km/h lower than with them retracted.
6. The aircraft stall behavior has been checked using the data available. The stall readily results in a spin, spin recovery requires intensive rudder input while failure to give it can result in a significant spin recovery delay.

MiG-3 series 24:
1. Roll rate at various flight conditions has been corrected (decreased at medium and high speeds).
2. Pitch balance and its dependence on the flaps have been corrected.
3. Elevator trim effectiveness has been decreased.
4. Elevator and rudder trim shift time from end to end increased from 6 to 8 seconds.
5. Flight stick load along the roll axis at high flight speeds has been slightly decreased.
6. Pedals load at various flight conditions has been corrected (significantly increased at low speeds and significantly decreased at high speeds).
7. The aircraft stall behavior has been corrected using the data available. The stall in a level flight readily ends in a spin, spin recovery doesn't require much effort.

Yak-1 series 69/127:
1. Pitch balance has been corrected.
2. Flight stick load along the pitch axis has been increased at high flight speeds.
3. Flight stick load along the roll axis has been corrected at any flight speeds.
4. Pedals load at medium and high flight speeds has been increased significantly.
5. Elevator trim shift time from end to end increased from 6 to 8 seconds.
7. The neutral roll position of the flight stick that was incorrect for joysticks without FFB has been corrected.
8. The aircraft stall behavior has been checked using the data available. The stall readily results in a spin, spin recovery requires intensive rudder input while failure to give it can result in a significant spin recovery delay.

P-40E-1:
1. Pitch balance and its dependence on the landing flaps has been corrected.
2. Pedals load at various flight conditions has been corrected (slightly increased at low speeds and decreased at high speeds).
3. The landing flaps drag has been decreased.
4. The aircraft stall behavior has been corrected using the data available. The stall in a level flight doesn't end in a spin, the aircraft proceeds to 'pancake'.

IL-2 mod. 1941/42/43:
1. Flight stick and pedals load at any flight speeds have been increased significantly.
2. Elevator trim shift time from end to end increased from 6 to 8 seconds.
3. The number of complete revolutions of the elevator trim handle in the cockpit has been increased.
4. The aircraft stall behavior has been corrected using the data available. The stall in a level flight doesn't end in a spin, the aircraft proceeds to 'pancake'. The stall in a turn ends in a spin.

Pe-2 series 35/87/110:
1. Pitch balance and its dependence on the landing flaps have been corrected.
2. Propellers backwash influence on the aircraft has been decreased.
3. Elevator trim effectiveness has been decreased.
4. Rudder, elevator and ailerons trim shift time from end to end increased from 6 to 8 seconds.
5. Pedals load at various flight conditions has been corrected (increased at low speeds and decreased at high speeds).
6. Flight stick load along the pitch axis has been increased at any flight speeds.
7. Pe-2 series 87 water radiators increase drag correctly as they are opened (previously the left engine radiators didn't increase drag while the right engine radiators affected the drag for both engine nacelles).

Additional clarification on fixes of German planes:

Bf 109 E-7:
1. Pitch balance and its dependence on the horizontal stabilizer and flaps have been corrected.2. Flight stick load at any flight speeds has been corrected (increased at low speeds and decreased at high speeds).
3. Flight stick load along the roll axis at high flight speeds has been increased.
4. Pedals load at medium and high flight speeds has been increased significantly.
5. Horizontal stabilizer shift time from end to end increased from 5 to 15 seconds according to the reference video.
6. Flaps extension time increased from 15 to 20 seconds according to the reference video.
7. The aircraft flight model is corrected to correspond to other aircraft FM (its difference was caused by attempts to fix the roll issues quickly).
8. Pushing the flight stick forward abruptly is less likely to cause an inverted snap roll or reverse spin.
9. The aircraft stall behavior has been corrected using the data available. The stall danger in a turn if an excessive flight stick input has been given is minimal.

Bf 109 F-2/F-4/G-2/G-4:
1. Their roll rate at various flight conditions has been corrected (decreased at medium and high speeds).
2. Pedals load at high flight speeds has been decreased.
3. Pitch balance and its dependence on the horizontal stabilizer and flaps have been corrected.
4. Horizontal stabilizer shift time from end to end increased from 5 to 15 seconds according to the reference video.
5. Flaps extension time increased from 15 to 20 seconds according to the reference video.
6. Flight stick load along the pitch axis has been increased at low and medium flight speeds.
7. Flight stick load along the roll axis at medium and high flight speeds has been increased significantly.
8. Pedals load at low and medium flight speeds has been increased.
9. Pushing the flight stick forward abruptly is less likely to cause an inverted snap roll or reverse spin.
10. The additional research on the aircraft stall has been performed using the data available. It stalls in a turn if an excessive flight stick input has been given. Spin recovery doesn't require much effort.

Fw-190 A3/A4:
1. Pitch balance and its dependence on the horizontal stabilizer and flaps have been corrected.
2. Flight stick load along the roll axis has been slightly corrected at any flight speeds.
3. Pedals load at various flight conditions has been corrected (increased at low speeds and decreased at high speeds).
4. The additional research on the aircraft stall has been performed using the data available. It stalls in a turn if an excessive flight stick input has been given. The stall starts very quickly after pre-stall buffeting.

MC.202 series VIII:
1. Pitch balance and its dependence on the horizontal stabilizer and flaps have been corrected.
2. Flight stick load along the pitch axis has been decreased at high flight speeds.
3. Flight stick load along the roll axis has been corrected at any flight speeds.
4. Pedals load at various flight conditions has been corrected (increased at low speeds and decreased at high speeds).
5. Horizontal stabilizer shift time from end to end increased from 5 to 15 seconds.

Ju 87 D-3:
1. Pitch balance and its dependence on the flaps have been corrected.
2. Flight stick load along the pitch and roll axes and pedals load have been increased at high flight speeds.
3. Rudder and elevator trim shift time from end to end increased from 6 to 8 seconds.
4. Elevator trim effectiveness has been decreased.
5. Propeller backwash influence on the aircraft has been increased (now more rudder input is required during a take-off run).

Bf 110 E-2/G-2:
1. Course stability while taxiing has been improved.
2. Pitch balance and its dependence on the horizontal stabilizer and flaps have been corrected.
3. Propellers backwash influence on the aircraft has been decreased.
4. Pedals load at medium and high flight speeds has been decreased.
5. Flight stick load along the pitch axis at medium and high flight speeds has been increased.
7. Rudder and elevator trim shift time from end to end increased from 6 to 8 seconds.
8. Engine nacelles drag correctly increases as they are damaged.
9. The aircraft is much less controllable at high AoA, now it stalls uncontrollably if you attempt extreme maneuvers.
10. The rotation rate in a flat turn is set according to the reference.
11. Aircraft stall in a level flight is much 'softer', without the tendency to enter a spin, as described in the reference article.

He 111 H-6/H-16:
2. Flight stick load along the roll axis at high flight speeds has been decreased.
4. Flight stick load at various flight conditions has been corrected (increased at low speeds and decreased at high speeds).
5. Elevator, rudder and ailerons effectiveness has been decreased.
6. Rudder and ailerons trim shift time from end to end increased from 6 to 8 seconds.
7. Elevator trim shift time from end to end increased from 7 to 8 seconds.
8. Course stability while taxiing has been improved.
9. An issue with He-111 H6 roll trim after the right aileron loss has been fixed.
10. Water and oil radiators increase drag correctly as they are opened (previously the left engine radiators didn't increase drag while the right engine radiators affected the drag for both engine nacelles).
11. Engine nacelles drag correctly increases as they are damaged.
12. The misalignment of the animated and physical (true) position of the landing gear during its extension and retraction has been removed.

Ju 88 A-4:
1. Pitch balance and its dependence on the flaps have been corrected.
2. Flight stick load along the pitch axis at any flight speeds has been increased.
3. Flight stick load along the roll axis at high flight speeds has been decreased.
4. Pedals load at high flight speeds has been significantly decreased.
5. Elevator trim effectiveness has been decreased.
6. Rudder trim shift time from end to end increased from 6 to 8 seconds.
7. Ailerons trim shift time from end to end increased from 5 to 8 seconds.
8. Engine nacelles drag correctly increases as they are damaged.
9. Bottom turret drag correctly increases as it's damaged.

Ju 52/3mg 4e:
2. Flight stick load along the pitch axis at medium and high flight speeds has been slightly increased.
3. Pedals load at medium and high flight speeds has been significantly decreased.
4. Engine nacelles drag correctly increases as they are damaged.
OLt. Zimmermann
Gruppenkommandeur

I/JG27_Rollo
Fhj.-Fw.
Fhj.-Fw.

Beitrag von I/JG27_Rollo » Do 22 Jun 2017, 15:35

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/16 ... ntry482640
Hello everyone!

So, let's talk about Supermarine Spitfire Mk.VB. It took off for the first time in December 1940. Spitfires V were relatively old planes by the time the battle of Kuban begun in Spring 1943.

"VB" variant was armed with two 20 mm Hispano Mk. II guns and four Browning .303 machine guns. The guns were magazine-fed, 60 rounds per gun, while machine guns had 350 rounds per gun. The lend-lease aircraft sent to the USSR did not have bomb-carrying capabilities, some other equipment was also removed - gun camera, landing lights, IFF transponder, etc. Thanks to this, the aircraft became lighter roughly by 40 kilograms. The special snowguard was installed in front of the engine supercharger to protect it from dust or snow while taking off. Most of the planes sent to the USSR had Merlin 46 engine, but roughly one-fifth of them was equipped with Merlin 45. They differed by critical altitudes - Merlin 46 was designed for higher altitudes like 4-5 kilometers, where it was more powerful, but it was 80-100 HP weaker than Merlin 45 near the ground. Our sim will represent both engines (Merlin 45 will be a modification).

[...]

https://youtu.be/MgL_nLVGmng?t=14
Bin leider vom Sound her noch überhaupt nicht begeistert. Da muss deren Soundingenieur nochmal kräftig ran.
So muss ne MkVb klingen: https://youtu.be/E86K2qLLRZI?t=55

I/JG27_Zimmi
OLt.
OLt.

Beitrag von I/JG27_Zimmi » Fr 30 Jun 2017, 11:37

Hello Pilots,

I have been in Moscow all week with the team working on many things both current and future. Before I head home to California I want to share some images of the Spitfire cockpit and our new shadow tech. You heard right, our shadows have been re-worked and they look awesome!! They are sharper, your plane projects its own shadow on the ground while in the cockpit and objects such as trees and buildings and vehicles cast their own dynamic shadows on everything! We’ve also increased the distance at which shadows are drawn. This makes the scenery like villages and ground combat environments looks even more realistic. And shadows in cockpits will also be sharper with all details casting shadows. When everything is in motion is just looks great.

You’ll also be able to choose different shadow settings for performance reasons and you can also turn them off completely if you need to. Our tests show that the new shadows are not a huge performance hit, but we won’t know the full effect until it enters beta. It should be noted that the shadows will be released in the 2.012 update, not the soon to be released 2.011 update. Also, in the pics below the Spitfire images do not include the new shadows.

Below you will find our first real images of the completed Spitfire cockpit. It was a challenge to build, but it turned out very nice. It’s quite colorful compared to Soviet cockpits. We think you will enjoy the Spitfire a lot.

And finally, we have addressed an old complaint and adjusted the contrast of our dials and gauges making them easier to read and more useful which increases the feeling of being there.
Dateianhänge
post-13-0-32896300-1498821658.jpg
post-13-0-29203700-1498821654.jpg
post-13-0-56544000-1498821652.jpg
post-13-0-36374700-1498821646 (1).jpg
OLt. Zimmermann
Gruppenkommandeur

I/JG27_Zimmi
OLt.
OLt.

Beitrag von I/JG27_Zimmi » Sa 08 Jul 2017, 06:59

Dear Pilots,

We're happy to announce that we just released the update 2.011. The main addition of this version is, of course, the Supermarine Spitfire Mk.VB Collector Plane. They were sent to USSR via the lend-lease program and took part in the Battle of Kuban. The aircraft is quite interesting and unusual, our engineer who worked on its flight model wrote a detailed article about it earlier: Dev Blog 162. We can also add that this plane highlights the pros of our flight model. Spitfire is neutrally stable along the pitch axis. Piloting this plane is quite different to piloting classic, statically stable aircraft. This is especially noticeable during intensive maneuvering when instead of moving the flight stick backward and keeping it this way during the maneuver the quick double movement backward and then forward is required so the aircraft will begin the maneuver and stay in it. This effect is especially noticeable during a landing when the landing flaps are extended. It should be noted that these peculiarities don't cause a discomfort, they just make the piloting more interesting and give you the feel of control when you understand what is happening. To summarize, this aircraft should have a significant advantage in a low altitude and slower dogfight thanks to its very low wing loading and high power reserve at low speeds.

The second main addition of this update is the new historical campaign Blazing Steppe, consisting of 15 scenarios and telling about the tour of duty of the 11th IAP during the battle of Stalingrad, which you can purchase on our website.

And of course the update brings many enhancements to the sim core:

Version 2.011 changes:
1. Supermarine Spitfire Mk.VB Collector Plane is added to the project and all Battle of Kuban owners can fly it now;
2. The new historical campaign Blazing Steppe is added to the game (you need to also own Yak-1 series 69 from Battle of Stalingrad to play it);
3. 3D Vision support is added thanks to the earlier Open VR API implementation;
4. Cockpit instruments were made more contrast on all planes for easier readability both in VR and on regular screens;
5. Forest drawing distance is increased by 1.5 times on Ultra graphics preset. The performance hit this causes is negligible on high-end video cards this preset is intended for;
6. The new graphical effect is shown when an aircraft impacts a water body and explodes;
7. The new graphics setting 'Grass quality' has been added with three possible choices: Normal, Distant and Ultra;
8. Forests drawing is optimized even more, improving performance at medium altitudes significantly;
9. LOD levels for many static objects were corrected, this should eliminate or reduce 'popping' issues;
10. The vertical line on AMD cards in the main menu is gone (it was caused by the undocumented AMD/Nvidia shader incompatibility);
11. Battle of Moscow airfields were reworked to reduce their performance hit, make judging the distance to the ground easier and improve their overall visual image. Please note that on middle-end video cards performance may degrade over any airfield if you increase the grass option setting;
12. New hotkeys were added for quick switching between the aircraft stations (RShift+0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 where 0 means the pilot and other numbers mean different gunner positions);
13. Aircraft ammo detonation probability was reduced;
14. LaGG-3 rudder oversensitivity is reduced;
15. IL-2 mod. 1943 startup procedure messages are shown correctly;
16. There is new option TacviewRecord=true/false in .sds DServer config files that can be used to prevent possible cheating on a server;
17. New parameter tacviewrecord = 0/1 is added to startup.cfg that turns TacView export on and off (off by default).

2011.jpg
OLt. Zimmermann
Gruppenkommandeur

I/JG27_Zimmi
OLt.
OLt.

Beitrag von I/JG27_Zimmi » Fr 14 Jul 2017, 18:07

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/16 ... /?p=490067

Hello Everybody,

We have a couple new shots for you based on this week results - boats and ships on the Kuban map. The work on the flight model improvements continues and is now at its final stage - we're teaching the AI how to control the aircraft with the new FM and implementing mouse controls for it (as you may already know, both the AI and our mouse controls in our project use the real thing, full FM, not a simplified one).

Kuban map development is nearly finished and we plan to show you new screenshots of it next week. The new shadows tech we told you in the previous Dev Blog is ready for testing and debugging. Overall, the update 2.012 we expect to publish in the end of August is going to be one of the biggest and most important updates for our product.

And today we'd like to show you several screenshots of the Battle of Kuban ships: they are nearly finished and will be also uncluded in 2.012 update along with the Kuban map:
Dateianhänge
post-19-0-29689100-1500050708.jpg
post-19-0-95702000-1500050704.jpg
OLt. Zimmermann
Gruppenkommandeur

I/JG27_Zimmi
OLt.
OLt.

Beitrag von I/JG27_Zimmi » Fr 21 Jul 2017, 10:20

Hello Pilots,

In this Dev. Diary we'd like to share with you many never before seen screenshots of the Kuban map as it nears completion. It's simply awesome and sets a new standard for Sturmovik map making. We hope you enjoy them. And progress continues as we continue to work on and testing and implementing the FM changes and new shadow technology mentioned earlier. The screens below show our old shadow technology for now.
Bei den Screenshots werden Erinnerungen wach :D
Dateianhänge
post-13-0-19162100-1500619609.jpg
post-13-0-32355600-1500619654.jpg
post-13-0-61150400-1500619664.jpg
post-13-0-63880100-1500619675.jpg
post-13-0-95798900-1500619623.jpg
OLt. Zimmermann
Gruppenkommandeur

I/JG27_Zimmi
OLt.
OLt.

Beitrag von I/JG27_Zimmi » Fr 28 Jul 2017, 15:10

Hello everybody,

as you of course remember, one of the key new features of Battle of Kuban is the new gameplay mode - Career. In this mode, you'll build your character, a military pilot. His career will develop day by day in the chosen theatre of war. Each morning (except the days with non-flying weather), the plan for the day is set and the outcome of an each sortie influences your squadron (the pilots can be wounded, lost, the aircraft can be damaged, etc.). The player character will participate in some of the sorties, while the results of other ones will be generated automatically based on the overall frontline situation, how experienced the AI pilots are and which aircraft with what armament they have, weather conditions and so on.

At the end of the day, all pilots stats are updated and in the course of the following days, they could be awarded and advance in rank. When the player character becomes the regiment commander, new tools are given to him during the planning phase to assign other pilots to a mission, set up their aircraft, weaponry, fuel and plot the flight route.

One of the planned features of the Career mode are historically correct weather conditions for each day (averaged for the theater of war), squadrons positions and what aircraft they had. The daily tasks reflect what the squadron was up to during the set timeframe. Overall, this mode will let you learn more about the battle of Kuban (and Moscow and Stalingrad).

At the beginning of our work on the Career mode, we performed a huge research on squadron histories and the community helped us in this endeavor. In addition, we found almost all German squadron emblems. In Soviet tradition, the air force regiments didn't have emblems, so we decided to use their banners instead. Take a look at some of the emblems and banners you'll see in the game after the Career mode release:

Note from Jason - A very special thanks to our friend Isaac aka 10.N./ZG1_SPEKTRE76 for his help in researching and creating the German squad emblems. We very much appreciate it.

Now onto other neat things. Since our map of Kuban includes a significant chunk of the sea, we decided to improve how various warships look in our engine. First, we used more complex materials for 3D models of the ships (some of the screenshots of them were published in the Dev Blog #164).

Second, since the torpedo boats were widely used in the Black Sea, we're developing the new torpedo tech. Anticipating a question you're probably going to ask, we're making the new tech suitable for supporting aircraft-launched torpedoes in the future. Such aircraft are not planned for Battle of Kuban, but it's possible that they will appear later, so we always try to make new technologies as universal as possible.

Third, we invested into improved physics, graphical effects and some other minor stuff for the ships. Here's a short video that shows the result (please note that the sound is WIP and not finished yet):

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZFmDNeD7Eg

In the end, we can tell you that we plan to release the update 2.012 at the very end of August - as it turns out, it will be a humongous update with many very big and important additions that affect the entire project. It's too early to publish the complete change list since some of the tasks can take longer to finish, but at the moment everything is looking fine and we hope the update 2.012 will contain everything we planned for it.
OLt. Zimmermann
Gruppenkommandeur

I/JG27_Zimmi
OLt.
OLt.

Beitrag von I/JG27_Zimmi » Do 10 Aug 2017, 17:08

OLt. Zimmermann
Gruppenkommandeur

Antworten