Gruppenkommandeur

I/JG27_Zimmi
OLt.
OLt.

Re: Battle of Stalingrad

Beitrag von I/JG27_Zimmi » Do 28 Sep 2017, 14:59

Endlich ein gescheiter Flieger mit dem man nur im BnZ überlebt :
Hello everybody,

In general, the work is proceeding as planned. All three remaining Battle of Kuban planes (Yak-7b, P-39L and A-20B) are in Engineers department now. P-39L and A-20B 3D cockpits are being made and textured, while the 3D model of Yak-7b is finished. In the meantime, the new Career mode is being filled with a lot of content:

- It includes all the three battles depicted in our project: Battle of Moscow, Battle of Stalingrad and Battle of Kuban:
- Battle of Moscow consists of 200 days starting from October 2nd, 1941, when the German offensive began at large, and ending on April 20th, 1942, when the Russian counteroffensive stopped at Rzhev;
- Battle of Stalingrad is 163 days long, from August 23rd, 1942 (the first massed bombing of Stalingrad and German 6th Army crossing the river Don) till February 2nd, 1943 (when its remains surrendered in what was left of the city);
- Battle of Kuban goes for 176 days from the German attempt to crush the Soviet bridgehead at Mysjako near Novorossiysk on April 17th, 1943 till October 9th, 1943, when the remaining German troops were evacuated from Taman peninsula to Crimea.
-145 squadrons total, each one of them having historically correct aircraft and airfields;
- 98 of these squadrons a player can join, so they have squadron histories. While being brief, these histories are 40 000 words combined;
- All German squadrons have unique insignias and Soviet ones have regimental banners;
- 83 newspapers you'll be receiving while playing Career have 61 000 words;
- Around 550 historical photos add more life to the new mode;
- Each pilot will not only have a name, rank, and credentials like in Rise of Flight, but also a photo thanks to the new photo generator. 24 unique pilot biographies (12 per side) add more flavor to the game;
- There are 38 mission types planned, way more that we have had before (Rise of Flight career and the current BoX campaign have 22 mission types);
- AI controlled objects in missions will be more numerous thanks to the performance optimizations we conducted earlier. For example, player flight will include up to 9 aircraft (there are up to 5 in Rise of Flight and the current BoX campaign);
- The Career will offer a number of options to suit anyone's playstyle, skill, PC performance;
- Around 70 different awards can be earned by a player in this mode. Each one of them will be supplemented by a brief description and have unique conditions to be awarded. Here are a few examples:
Dateianhänge
post-19-0-04711300-1506608770.jpg
post-19-0-62792500-1506608779.jpg
OLt. Zimmermann
Gruppenkommandeur

I/JG27_Zimmi
OLt.
OLt.

Re: Battle of Stalingrad

Beitrag von I/JG27_Zimmi » Fr 06 Okt 2017, 16:02

Hello everybody,

Since the last Dev Diary and until the next version release we'll be telling you about the coming gameplay modes bit by bit. Today we'll talk about the already completed (just as the rest of the Career mode meta content) feature - weekly world news updates that come in a form of a newspaper. While this feature doesn't affect the gameplay directly, it plays a major role in creating the historical background for a player, telling about what happened to this date on the Eastern front and other fronts of the world war.

Moreover, the newspaper includes the list of ace pilots to this date, the most effective pilots of USSR or Germany depending on the side you're playing. The player himself would be listed there, making his way to the top (hopefully). The list will show top 20 aces for the current Career date and 5 more effective and 5 less effective aces relative to the player. It should be noted that the creation of the historically accurate weekly list of the ace victories required much work. This information is available on the Internet, but it comes in many different formats, contains many errors or typos in the names as well as formatting issues that didn't allow us to use it as is. Nevertheless, we have accumulated and standardized this data, so the weekly aces victories will be as close to the real historical values as it was possible to do.

Meanwhile, our 2D artists continue to draw the historical awards. In addition to medals and other decorations, there will be more unusual awards as well. For example, Soviet pilots were given certain money bonuses for destroying enemy objects and other achievements. Such awards will be shown like this - currency notes and a commemorative sign. Luftwaffe pilots have received different awards like trophy caps:

And the final piece of news for today (and our next surprise) is that in addition to Bf 109 G-6 we have announced in the previous Dev Diary we're also working on La-5FN series 2. As you can see below, we have its exterior 3D model almost ready. The work on its cockpit will start next week and its flight model development will follow a bit later. La-5FN fighter is a symbol of the Soviet airforce of the war, just like Bf 109 G-6 is a symbol of the German airforce. We dreamed about having them in our project for a long time and finally, we have this opportunity. We hope you'll also like this.

You can discuss the news in this thread
Dateianhänge
post-19-0-93053100-1507304774.jpg
post-19-0-09168800-1507304812.jpg
OLt. Zimmermann
Gruppenkommandeur

Antworten